Director of Nursing and Clinical Services - Piper Shores, Scarborough, Maine (posted 9/13/20)
Piper Shores is seeking an experienced, compassionate, and energetic Director of Nursing and Clinical Services to oversee our Holbrook Health Center. With a focus on person-centered care, the Holbrook Health Center offers a wide range of services to residents and provides exemplary levels of care.
The Holbrook Health Center is a 40 bed nursing facility with low staff to resident ratios. This is an excellent opportunity to provide strong leadership to our clinical and administrative staff and to make a difference in the lives of our residents. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of two years of leadership experience in geriatric nursing, and must be a registered nurse with a current license in Maine. About Piper Shores Located in Scarborough, Maine, Piper Shores is Maine’s first and only nonprofit Continuing Care Retirement Community.
Piper Shores is Maine’s only CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) Accredited facility and maintains a 5-star quality rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Essential Job Duties Resident Care
1. Responsible for the development, organization and operation of clinical services for the Holbrook Health Center.
2. Responsible for the coordination of all services relating to the care of residents in the Health Center, including securing outside specialists and consultants such as home health care services, private duty, hospice, rehabilitation services, psychological and other service areas to ensure that residents’ needs are met.
3. Reviews the requirements of care for each resident admitted to the Health Center and assists the care team, including attending physician in planning care.
4. Maintains high visibility with residents in the Health Center. Makes frequent tours of resident rooms to ensure quality of care on all shifts and the general safety of the Health Staffing
1. Responsible for the coordination and direction of the total planning for nursing services including maintaining a staffing plan in compliance with federal and state regulations. Supervises Assistant Director of Nursing, Infection Control Specialist/Staff Development Coordinator, Licensed Nurses and Certified Nurses Aides as well as Administrative Support Staff.
2. Recruits and selects Holbrook Staff noted above with the Administrator’s input as needed. Completes annual written evaluations of all Holbrook staff with input from Holbrook Leadership Team members as appropriate.
3. Develops and maintains a schedule of daily rounds and assignments of duties for all nursing staff to ensure 24 hour coverage sufficient to meet federal and state regulatory requirements and Piper Shores’ standards of care.
4. Develops and participates in a new staff orientation program, including any personal care providers and agency staff.
1. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
2. Monitors MDS for timely and accurate completion and transmittal of resident assessment information to Regulatory Authority and billing office. Ensures that significant clinical developments of residents are reported to the necessary parties, including but not limited to family, power of attorney, physicians, Administrator, and Regulatory Authority.
3. Responsible for medical record review and screening of new admission referrals.
4. Assures required and supplemental in-service education programs appropriate for all job categories of Holbrook and related staff to increase knowledge of competence in job skills for the benefit of staff and residents, in cooperation with the Medical Director and Administrator.
5. Establishes procedures to ensure that nursing personnel, including personal care staff nursing staff, social service and activities staff have valid and current licenses as required by federal and state regulations. Interdisciplinary Responsibilities
1. Oversees the internal clinical emergency response program and works in conjunction with the Facilities Director and Security staff to ensure the safety of the apartment and cottage residents during hours when Community Health Services is closed.
2. Participates in transition and interdisciplinary team meetings with the appropriate Piper Shores staff as a method to evaluate the apartment and cottage residents for the appropriate level of care.
3. Serves on corporate compliance, quality assurance & performance improvement committee, and health and quality of life committees, and other committees as requested.
Required Skills and Education
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Registered nurse with a current license in Maine.
2. Two years of experience in geriatric nursing. B.S. Degree in nursing preferred. Participation in professional organizations, dealing primarily in geriatrics preferred.
3. Minimum of two years nursing administration experience, preferably in a long-term care setting.
4. Must have a commitment to excellence in resident care and have a strong rehabilitative/restorative nursing orientation.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families and staff. Must use prudent judgment and work well under pressure.
6. Strong organizational skills.
7. Ability to work well independently as well as in a collaborative team setting. We welcome your confidential expressions of personal interest and nominations of qualified colleagues.
Inquiries and questions regarding this search may be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Healthcare Services - Hunt Community, Nashua, NH (posted 8/21/20)
Hunt Community, currently has an exciting Director of Healthcare Services opportunity for a dynamic, results-oriented leader to continue the exceptional level of care established by Hunt Community.
The position is responsible for complete oversight and continual enhancement of the Intermediate Care Nursing and Assisted Living Services for our Continuing Care Retirement Community. Hunt Community consists of 24 Private Assisted Living Suites and 22 Private Nursing Suites.
We are not Medicare or Medicaid certified.
Qualifications to include:
· R.N. licensed (or eligible) in the State of New Hampshire
· Strong, progressive management experience preferred - preferably in long term care
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
· Thorough knowledge of all applicable state regulations in healthcare
· Compassion and professionalism
· Proficiency with computer platforms & Electronic Medical Records
Responsibilities to include:
· Plan and oversee resident care processes
· Maintain department budget
· Oversee and lead all nursing staff operations
· Ensure the facility follows professionally set standards, including state regulatory requirements
Competitive salary with an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Disability and Life insurance, Earned Time – with cash-out option, 403B, Direct Deposit, Employee Assistance Program. Apply directly on Indeed and please indicate salary requirements, letter of interest and resume or Attention:Josephine Frioni, Human Resources email@example.com
Director of Nursing Services - Peabody Home, Franklin, NH (posted 3/6/20)
After 21 years of service, the Director of Nursing is retiring from Peabody Home – creating an opportunity of a lifetime for the right candidate! Peabody Home is a small, not-for-profit home licensed for Nursing and Supportive Residential care. We have approximately 26-35 residents. Non Medicare or Medicaid (much less paperwork). There is a licensed Nurse, RN/LPN 24/7. If interested in this fun, diverse position or want more information, please contact Meg Miller, RN, NHA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-934-3718.
Administrator - 75 State Street, Portland, ME (Posted 2/7/10)
Located in the historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in an urban, residential setting.
75 State Street is currently seeking an Administrator for our Independent and Assisted Living Community. This role will oversee day to day business operations to ensure exceptional quality and service, sustained resident satisfaction and associate engagement, operational efficiency, and strong financial results. Directors of each functional discipline will report directly to you, and together you will lead the team of associates across the community. As the Administrator, you’ll be involved in every facet of the operation – Hospitality, Health Services, Dining, Programming, Sales, Maintenance, and the Business Office. You’ll have the opportunity to truly make your mark while making a difference in the lives of both residents and associates.
Maintain and carry out written policies and procedures consistent with regulations outlined in Regulations Governing the Licensing and Functioning of Assisted Housing Programs: Level IV Private Non-Medical Institutions, published by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services Division of Licensing and Regulatory Services.
Hire, direct, supervise and evaluate 75 State Street staff, including training and orientation programs.
Manage financial process, including preparation and administration of annual budget (with support from Avesta) and monitoring and maintenance of cost controls and targeted revenue and occupancy levels.
Lead and direct the facilities in a fair and consistent manner that will provide excellent resident care and maximize staff participation while maintaining a strong commitment to the facility’s mission, while achieving financial success.
Participates on Manager on Duty rotation; provides tours and information to prospective residents and their families.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
Level IV Residential Care Facility Administrator’s License or a Multi-Level Long Term Care Administrator’s License or ability to obtain either within six months.
Minimum of three years’ management experience in similar environment.
Demonstrated successful operations experience specific to independent or assisted communities or related field.
Thorough understanding of Maine Care as it relates to residential care and understanding of the Regulations Governing the Licensing and Functioning of Assisted Housing Programs.
Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate the program philosophy and goals.
Proficient in MS Office products, internet and industry specific software programs for marketing, payroll, and accounts payable/receivable.
Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and supervisory skills.
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
Free Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Free Life and AD&D for Employees with option to buy additional coverage
Free Basic Life for Dependents with option to buy additional coverage
Generous Paid Time Off
Excellent Working Environment
Send resume and cover letter be sent to: Jennifer Riddell, HR Specialist email@example.com
Director of Business Development, Silverstone Living, Nashua, NH (Posted 9/9/19)
Silverstone Living has an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated, creative Director of Business Development to promote our premier retirement communities and retirement alternatives.
Silverstone Living is a not-for-profit group of affiliates (Hunt Community, The Huntington at Nashua and At Home by Hunt) based in Southern New Hampshire, offering retirement choices committed to the promise of security, independence and the “Freedom to be You.”. Reporting directly to the CEO, The Director of Business Development will excel at promoting positive and mutually rewarding relationships and will accomplish this by applying a proven ability to network both internally and externally and embrace Silverstone Living values of resident independence, dignity and security, and preserve and build upon its sterling reputation in the area. Working as an integral member of senior leadership (s)he is responsible for all components of the organization’s Sales and Marketing and will possess both the leadership qualities and management skills necessary to uphold the organization’s ongoing success.
In the Director of Business Development role you will:
Be the driving force in achieving or exceeding occupancy goals as budgeted.
Identify, initiate and coordinate the visit of influential individuals or groups and other community members or groups to the organization for planned visits, tours, meetings, presentations, etc.
Coordinate and participate in speaking engagements and seminars that raise awareness of Silverstone Living in specific and senior care in general, including internal audiences, outside community and professional organizations
Be instrumental in the development and execution of all aspects of marketing for the organization to include networking, sales, advertising, public relations and community events, and social media presence.
Successfully manage the sales and marketing team to achieve occupancy goals, which includes oversight of the sales process.
Monitor trends in field and innovative methods and implement or recommend new programs to ensure the highest quality services in the future.
Develop and maintain oversight of Silverstone Living and its affiliates’ web sites and optimize external social media presence via Facebook, Twitter, blogs and other web tools.
Understanding and effectively using and responding to CRM analytics.
5 years of successful Business Development experience, service or hospitality industry a plus.
Excellent communication and computer skills.
Flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Valid driver’s license with good driving history.
Send resume and salary requirements to Joanne Dobson, Human Resources Director JDobson@SilverstoneLiving.org.